This privacy statement is effective as of July 1, 2021. Please note that this privacy
statement will regularly be updated to reflect any changes in the way we handle your
personal data or any changes in applicable laws.
This page tells you everything you need to know about how Yexle Limited or its
subsidiaries and newly acquired companies ("Yexle"; "we") protect the personal data we
process and control relating to you ("your personal data"; "your data") and which rights you
have in relation to the processing of your personal data.
How does Yexle protect your personal data?
Yexle attaches great importance to your right to privacy and the protection of your personal
data. We want you to feel secure that when you deal with Yexle, your personal data is in
Yexle protects your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and our data
privacy policies. In addition, Yexle maintains the appropriate technical and organizational
measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and/or
against accidental loss, alteration, disclosure or access, or accidental or unlawful
destruction of or damage
We collect personal data of our employees, potential employees, clients, suppliers,
business contacts, shareholders and website users. If the data we collect are not listed in
this privacy statement, we will give, individuals (as and when required by law) appropriate
notice of which other data will be collected and how they will be used. Additionally, Yexle
may collect :
- Additional personal details for recruitment/employment purposes (such as NI Number, SSN,
insurance information, marital/civil partnership status, parents, dependents, emergency
contact information, professional/personal calendar availability/scheduling information
for meeting/communication purposes).
Information about your education and professional or employment-related information, such as
your employment history.
- Certain types of sensitive information when permitted by local law or with your consent,
such as health/medical information (including disability status), trade union membership
information, religion, race or ethnicity, and information on criminal convictions and
offences. Yexle collects this information for very specific purposes, such as health and
medical information in order to accommodate a disability or illness (subject to legal
limits on the timing of collection of such information and other applicable limitations)
and to provide health benefits; background checks and diversity-related personal
information (such as race or ethnicity) in order to comply with legal obligations and
internal policies relating to diversity and anti-discrimination. Yexle may collect data
on citizenship, passport data, and details of residency or work permit (a physical copy
and/or an electronic copy), your banking and other relevant financial details we need
for payroll/benefits purposes.
Information necessary to complete a background check that includes criminal and credit
checks, details on performance outcomes, feedback and warnings, development reviews,
learning/training programs, performance and development reviews, driver’s license, and
information used to populate biographies.
- Information requested to provide during the recruitment process, to the extent allowed
by applicable law, information that you submit in résumés / CVs, letters, samples,
references or other written materials (including photographs). Information generated by
interviewers and recruiters related to you, based on their interactions with you or
basic Internet (like LinkedIn) searches where allowed under applicable law.
- Information related to you provided by third-party placement firms, recruiters, or
job-search websites, where applicable. Recommendations related information provided on
your behalf by others.
- Photograph, and images/audio/footage captured/recorded on CCTV or other video systems
when visiting our office or captured in the course of recruitment events or video
recruitment interviews or during any other virtual and live events (including recordings
during virtual workshops, office meetings, Town Halls, or similar events).
Except for certain information that is required by law or by Yexle policies (including
management of an employment relationship with Yexle), your decision to provide any personal
data to us is voluntary. You will therefore not be subject to adverse consequences if you do
not wish to provide us with your personal data. However, please note that if you do not
provide certain information, we may not be able to accomplish some or all of the purposes
outlined in this privacy statement, and you may not be able to use certain tools and systems
which require the use of such personal data.
If you provide us with personal data of another person (for instance, a potential
employee/referral), you are responsible for ensuring that such person is made aware of the
information contained in this privacy statement and that the person has given you his/her
consent for sharing the information with Yexle.
The above-mentioned categories of personal data have been obtained either directly
from you (for example, when you provide information to apply for a position in Yexle, or
register to comment on our website) or indirectly from certain third parties (for example,
through recruitment agencies, job portals and in response to our advertisement on other
websites). Such third parties include our affiliates, public authorities, public websites
and social media, suppliers and vendors.
How does Yexle use your personal data?
Yexle uses your personal data only where required for specific purposes, as there are legal
basis for reasons including but not limited to (one or all of the following)
- Ensuring proper communication and emergency handling of information within the
- Necessary for performance of a contract / agreement / recruitment / employment to which
you are a party
- Reasons that are justified on the basis of our legitimate interest for ensuring proper
functioning of the business operations,
- Compliance with legal and/or regulatory bodies or justified due to the legitimate
interest of protecting our assets and our brand on social media
- Justified based on Yexle’s legitimate interests of ensuring that it recruits the
appropriate employees, ensuring that it continually improves its recruitment processes
and ensuring that our employees receive the applicable benefits.
Where the above states that we rely on our legitimate interests for a given purpose, we are of the opinion that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms, given (i) the transparency we provide on the processing activity, (ii) our privacy by design approach, (iii) our regular privacy reviews and (iv) the rights you have in relation to the processing activity. If you wish to obtain further information on this approach, please contact email@example.com
We will process your personal data for the purposes mentioned above based on your prior consent, to the extent such consent is mandatory under applicable laws.
We will not use your personal data for purposes that are incompatible with the purposes of which you have been informed, unless it is required or authorized by law, or it is in your own vital interest (e.g. in case of a medical emergency) to do so.
Whom does Yexle share the data with?
We may transfer personal data to our service providers, professional advisors, public and governmental authorities, business partners or third parties in connection with a (potential) corporate or commercial transaction. Such third parties may be located in other countries. Before we do so, we shall take the necessary steps to ensure that your personal data will be given adequate protection as required by relevant data privacy laws and Yexle’s internal policies. Yexle may also transfer your personal data to any of its global affiliates/partners in furtherance of any visits to our Yexle locations.
For example, we may disclose personal information to third parties for other business purposes as follows:
- We share your information with third-party service providers that provide services to us or partners that we provide service to, including but not limited to billing, payment processing, customer service, email deployment, advertising and marketing, security and performance monitoring, maintaining or servicing accounts, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, research, data hosting, auditing, and data processing;
- To protect and defend the legal rights, safety, and security of Yexle, our affiliates, users, or the public, including to protect against fraud and malicious activity; and
- For other business purposes described in this privacy statement or for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
We may also share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, initial public offering, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy.
We do not generally seek to collect sensitive data (also known as special categories) through this site or otherwise. In the limited cases where we do seek to collect such data, we will do this in accordance with data privacy law requirements and/or ask for your consent.
The term "sensitive data" refers to the various categories of personal data identified by data privacy laws as requiring special treatment, including in some circumstances the need to obtain explicit consent from you. These categories include racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or other similar beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, biometric or genetic data, sexual life or orientation, or criminal convictions and offences (including information about suspected criminal activities).
As a global organization with offices and operations throughout the world, personal data we collect may be transferred or be accessible internationally throughout Yexle's global business and between its entities and affiliates.
Any such transfers throughout Yexle’s global business take place in accordance with the applicable data privacy laws
If we do not obtain your personal information directly from you, we may obtain it from the following sources: publicly available sources (registers or the internet), Yexle employees, contractors, (prospective) members of board of directors, shareholders, Yexle’s affiliates, subsidiaries and newly acquired businesses, employers of our contractors, public authorities, public websites and social media, previous employers, educational institutions, suppliers and vendors (including third party data providers).
How long does Yexle retain your personal data?
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. We maintain specific records management and retention policies and procedures, so that personal data are deleted after a reasonable time according to the following retention criteria:
- We retain your data as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you (in particular, if you have an account with us).
- We will only keep the data while your account is active or for as long as needed to provide services to you.
- We also retain your data for as long as needed in order to comply with our global legal and contractual obligations.
You are entitled (in the circumstances and under the conditions, and subject to the exceptions, set out in applicable law) to:
- Request access to the personal data we process about you: this right entitles you to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to obtain information on and a copy of that personal data.
- Request a rectification of your personal data: this right entitles you to have your personal data be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Object to the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that Yexle no longer processes your personal data.
- Request the erasure of your personal data: this right entitles you to request the erasure of your personal data, including where such personal data would no longer be necessary to achieve the purposes.
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that Yexle only processes your personal data in limited circumstances, including with your consent.
- Request portability of your personal data: this right entitles you to receive a copy (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) of personal data that you have provided to Yexle, or request Yexle to transmit such personal data to another data controller.
If, despite our commitment and efforts to protect your personal data, you believe that your data privacy rights have been violated, we encourage and welcome individuals to come to Yexle first to seek resolution of any complaint. You have the right at all times to register a complaint directly with the relevant supervisory authority or to make a claim against Yexle with a competent court (either in the country where you live, the country where you work or the country where you deem that data privacy law has been infringed).
Contact Us to exercise any of your rights.
How does Yexle collect your personal data?
Yexle collects personal data at its websites in two ways: (1) directly (for example, when you provide personal data to submit details on our website); and (2) indirectly (for example, through our website's technology).
We may collect and process the following personal data:
- Personal data that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes registering to use the website, subscribing to services, newsletters and alerts, registering for a conference or requesting a white paper or further information. Pages that collect this type of personal data may provide further information as to why your personal data are needed and how it will be used. It is completely up to you whether you want to provide it.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Any postings, comments or other content that you upload or post to an Yexle website.
- Our website collects personal data about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to filter traffic, to look up user domains and to report on statistics.
- Details of your visits to our website, the pages you view and resources you access or download, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
Our websites may include:
- Links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.
- Certain programs (widgets and apps) of third parties. Where this is the case, note that such third parties may process your personal data collected through such programs for their own purposes.
We analyse your IP and browser information to determine what is most effective about our website, to help us identify ways to improve it and, eventually, to determine how we can tailour our website to make it a more positive and relevant user experience.
- The bulk of the personal data we collect and use for marketing purposes relates to individual employees of our clients and other companies with which we have an existing business relationship. We may also obtain contact information from public sources, including content made public at social media websites, to make an initial contact with a relevant individual at a client or other company.
- We send commercial e-mail to individuals at our client or other companies with whom we want to develop or maintain a business relationship in accordance with applicable marketing laws. Our targeted e-mail messages typically include web beacons, cookies, and similar technologies that allow us to know whether you open, read, or delete the message, and links you may click. When you click a link in a marketing e-mail you receive from Yexle, we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our websites, even if you are not registered at or signed into our site.
- Targeted e-mails from Yexle may include additional data privacy information, as required by applicable laws.
- Like most companies, Yexle uses databases to manage and track our marketing efforts. The personal data used for these purposes includes relevant business information, such as: contact data, publicly available information (e.g. board membership, published articles, press releases, your public posts on social media sites if relevant for business purpose), your responses to targeted e-mail (including web activity following links from our e-mails), website activity of registered users of our website, and other business information included by Yexle professionals based on their personal interactions with you. If you wish to be excluded please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition, we may share your personal data with marketing agencies.
How else does Yexle use your personal data?
In addition to the information set out above, the following section describes other specific uses of personal data by some Yexle affiliates.
Some Yexle entities are in the business of content production. We may process your personal data for these TV, film, marketing, advertising or other related content creation, production and distribution activities.
- The personal data that we process for production purposes include images and footage of you and may include your location at the time of filming.
- If you are a member of public, we will diligently attempt to make you aware of our location and filming activities in advance and will give you an opportunity not to enter the location where filming is taking place and participate in them.
- If you are a focus of our filming activities (i.e. a contributor or talent such as an interviewee, extra or actor, as opposed to a member of public) we will also collect and process your name, contact information and any other information provided in any pre-filming questionnaires and/or release forms, such as next of kin details.
- We may also collect and process special categories of data a such as health or disability information to the extent that this is necessary to enable us to make any necessary adjustments to our filming arrangements to assist or support you.
If you have any questions on data privacy or any aspects of our production activities, please Contact Us.
Please contact us at email@example.com to obtain any further information on how we process, manage and protect your personal data